Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A New Year, A New Me?




Happy New Year everyone!

So each year I make a resolution and normally it's one of these: stop drinking cokes, lose weight, eat better, exercise.... Same Ole' Same Ole’!! I usually make it to about Valentines Day and then I give up, so this year I'm trying something different. I decided if I started doing all of that fun stuff before New Years then it wouldn’t be my New Years Resolution it was just a new way of life. So my New Years Resolution is to become a better person in all aspects, be a friendly person, work on my health, have more patients, and work harder, and most of all just relax and have a good time.

Last year was an extremely eventful year with my wedding & buying a new home, so with all of that fun stuff came a lot of stress. When analyzing last year I realized that I need to step back and just relax, go w/ the flow. Don't try and be a super hero, you can’t please everyone. (That’s so hard for me b/c I'm a "people pleaser".) Sometimes I find myself freaking out b/c if I do this I will hurt this persons feelings and if I do that then I will hurt this ones, and so at time when there is something that I Really want to do I do what is more pleasing to others or, I just stand back and avoid it at all costs. This year I don't want to be that person. I don't want all of the stress and commotion; I just want to be that laid back person. I'm sure I won’t be able to completely avoid it but I want to do my best to just enjoy life to the fullest!


Last year was such a good year, there were so many milestones! My Favorite and most memorable we got M arried!! I had been waiting for that for seriously, 4 years and 11 months! Haha! (We had been together for 5) I knew within the first month that we would be together forever and I know that sounds so cliché but really! I used to write in a Journal every night before I went to bed & within the first month I had decided that he was the one! In fact Kylie wanted to take that page out and frame it for my wedding but that wasn't happening it was so corny, but so true! I really am a lucky girl, Joseph is such a great guy! He completely balances me out, he doesn’t freak out about anything he just goes w/ the flow while I’m doing the complete opposite (making budgets b/c I need to know where we will stand at the end of the year, month, week, also making tons of lists b/c I CANT FORGET, freaking out over the house being cleaned every day, you get the point.) He's such a handy man, he can fix anything & I mean anything! I'm so excited to spend the rest of my life with him! You know you always hear from people, oh just wait a year he/she won't do that anymore. I really hope we aren't "THOSE" people b/c I love all of the little things we do for each other just to let one another know we care even after 6 years!

I hope everyone has a very Blessed year!

(I'm glad I started this blog, sometimes I just need to write!!)

0 comments: