Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Trek Atlas Fundraiser

This little boy has made such an impact in my life, so I want to be sure to include this in your blog so you too know how precious life is!

I’ve felt a lot of compassion for this family since I watched a video of their journey that a friend of mine posted on Facebook, this is actually her niece, from that moment on my life has been forever changed. I’ve learned to never take a second for granted b/c even our babies aren’t promised tomorrow. That’s hard for me to grasp b/c such small innocent little angels can be taken from you when they should grow up to be Grandmas and Grandpas and enjoy life! I’ve learned to let the busyness of life sit on the back burner to be sure my sweet girl gets lots of hugs and kisses each day!

Trek is a few weeks older than Paisley so it hits me pretty hard, when Trek was 9 months old he was diagnosed with Neimann Pick Type A that will take his life between 18 months and 3 years of age. I couldn’t imagine going each day knowing that I’m one step closer to the end of my precious baby’s life….like his mother had stated in her blog she feels like she’s in a torture chamber, I think that’s the only way to describe it. Even through this tragedy they have been faced with this family is so strong and is making the best of each and every moment they have left with their sweet boy Trek Atlas! Trek’s father is an author so they are traveling while he writes his books, Trek’s mother home schools the boys wherever they might be. This family’s dream is just to enjoy their boys and travel, and I want to see that they are able to do this.

From Chelsea’s Blog:
“So much has been swirling through my head this past two weeks, sometimes it is unbearable and I want to die, sometimes I just feel numb. But one thing keeps bothering me and I have to do something about it.
I want Trek to have 1 stamp on his passport.
I am not sure where we are going to go or for how long. I just know that I want to travel to another country just us 5, just like we have been planning for the past 6 months. Somewhere sunny and beautiful and where we can all go out to eat for 5 bucks.
I heard this song awhile ago and almost cried with how much it reminded me of my boys and how I wanted them to leave ‘their ninja footprints all over the world’. Even though Trek won’t be there for all of our adventures, I want to start them with him.”

I hope you will join me in this fundraiser to help this family enjoy each day with their boys, I don’t want for one second them to have to even worry about money, just love up on those boys every chance they get!! There are several fundraisers going on so if Scentsy isn’t for you that’s completely fine, maybe you want to donate to the Coffee fundraiser, or the Trek Atlas bracelets, or maybe even just donate money to the cause. If you can’t afford to donate don’t worry there are a few other things you can do that will be greatly appreciated: this family just wanted to travel, reasoning behind Treks name, so Trek’s Aunt has come up with a great idea, wherever you are you take pictures of the Flat Trek email the pictures back and she will be making a book. It’s as if Trek has traveled miles and miles!!!! If you don’t have time for that Trek’s Dad asks that at 10:00 each night you pray for Trek’s comfort b/c nights are his hardest! My baby is the most important thing in my life so as a mother I couldn’t imagine going through this, so please do what you can to make this little boy’s life as wonderful as possible under this awful circumstances.

Starting March 1st my mother and I will host a Scentsy fundraiser to support the Ingram family. Through this fundraiser my goal is to send $2,000.00 to the Ingram family, anything over that is a total blessing! Through Scentsy we make 25% commission and we will be donating 23%, we need to sell around $9,000.00. All orders will be delivered to your door, this is an online party so you just have to go to www.jennydavenport.scentsy.com and place your order under the TREK ATLAS FUNDRAISER. I will keep this open as long as we keep getting orders, just be sure to order under TREK ATLAS FUNDRAISER so I can keep up with whats what. All orders will be shipped directly to your door so within 7-10 days you should have a package at your door step. The great thing is we now have a few new lines avalible: Layers- our body and laundry line & Scentsationally Sent- our card line! The wickless candles are amazing, the body line I’m now in love with, I am so crazy about the laundry products, and the cards are simply adorable! Feel free to pass this on to your friends, together we can make a difference in the Ingram’s life!

To learn more about this family and to keep up with their journey add Trek Atlas Fundraiser as your friend on face book, and follow their blogs at:

http://www.babytrekatlas.com
http://www.jarrettingram.com
http://www.oursonnylife.com

I hope this family will touch your heart as much as they have touched mine, my heart just aches for them. I thank you all for reading this and thank you in advance for any help you may be able to give this family in their time of need!

God Bless,

Danielle Penney







This is the Flat Trek, we will be taking him to the Houston Live Stock show and rodeo to show Trek some of our cowboy/girl ways!


The Ingram Family at Disney a few weeks after learnign of Treks disease.


Sweet Trek!

0 comments: